Christian Stewardship is...
grateful and responsible use of God's gifts in the light of God's purpose as revealed in Jesus Christ.
Christian stewards, empowered by the Holy Spirit, commit themselves to conscious, purposeful decisions.
Stewardship is lived out in:
- living and telling the Good News;
- sharing with God in seeking justice, peace, and the integrity of creation in an interdependent universe;
- wisely employing God-given human resources, abilities, and relationships;
- sharing the material resources we hold and giving them in service, justice, and compassion;
- providing for future generations;
- sharing in the life, worship, and responsible stewardship of the Church and of its mission.
Both for the individual and for the community, stewardship should be a joyful act for the sake of God's world.
Our Mission should be to...
Provide the tools for our church to develop the financial resources that under gird our mission and ministry.
Thinking not only in terms of what we can afford, but in terms of what we need!
Remind us that all that we are and all that we have belongs to God.
Everything is a gift from God and we are the stewards - not only of our financial resources, but also of this created earth, our time, our talents, our families, our relationships, life itself, but most importantly God's word.
Stewardship should be a way of life, and not only as a practical programme for the church.